June 16, 2010

Green & Black's: Maya Gold

Today I tried the Maya Gold bar from Green & Black's. This bar is organic dark chocolate with orange and spices (not listed on the bar). The chocolate is smooth and the flavor lingers on the tongue (very satisfying). There is a definite orange flavor to the bar, but it's not overpowering. The spice component of the bar is stronger. Since the ingredients don't list the actual spices included, I can only guess at what they are. It tastes like nutmeg and cinnamon with some heat to it.

I like the combination of orange and spice in this bar. I think the flavors (along with the dark chocolate) are balanced very nicely. Overall I enjoyed this bar immensely, and would not hesitate to try it again when I get a craving for chocolate.

I purchased this mini chocolate bar at Whole Foods, $1.69/1.2 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment