February 6, 2010

Amella: Cocoa Butter Caramels


Artisan Cocoa, out of El Segundo, CA produces Amella Cocoa Butter Caramels. Amella caramels contain pure cocoa butter and real fruits and vegetables. They come in three flavors: Carrot Cake, Black Forest, and Passion Fruit. The caramels are coated in chocolate and come in boxes with three pieces each.

Passion Fruit: This caramel is coated in milk chocolate. The caramel has a distinct passion fruit flavor, but it isn't too strong. These are good, and I would suggest them specifically to fans of passion fruit.

Black Forest: This caramel is coated in dark chocolate. I am a big fan of cherries, so I had high hopes for this flavor. However, I don't think it really delivered. Two out of the three caramels had a flavor that vaguely hinted of cherry, but not enough to satisfy. One of the caramels had a definite cherry flavor (I got a bite with a real cherry in it) and was very good. Should Artisan Cocoa up the amount of cherries in their recipe for the Black Forest I would certainly buy these again. However, as is the Black Forest was my least favorite.

Carrot Cake: The Carrot Cake caramel is coated in white chocolate. This caramel contains real bits of carrot and pecans. The combination of carrot, pecans, cinnamon, and caramel is a home run! These are absolutely delicious...even better than a slice of carrot cake! I can already see the Carrot Cake caramels becoming a staple in my candy stash.

In all, the Amella caramels are quite tasty. The caramel is soft (but not too sticky), and pairs well with the chocolate coating. The Carrot Cake caramels are a must!

I ordered the Cocoa Butter Caramels Sampler (3 of each flavor) from Foodoro, $9/9 pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment