April 10, 2010

Green & Black's: Peanut

Green & Black's is a chocolate company out of the UK, which produces organic and fair trade chocolate bars, baking products, and ice cream. I've been a fan of their products in the past (caramel bar, white chocolate with strawberries ice cream...), so I was excited to try another one of their chocolate bars this weekend.

This review is of their new Peanut bar! The bar is milk chocolate (37%) with caramelized peanuts and sea salt. The bar is scored into a million little rectangles, however I ended up eating half of the bar in one sitting. It's GOOD. The chocolate is powerful for a milk chocolate, and not too sweet. And the bar is full of peanuts and peanut bits...there as so many it seems as though the chocolate is just there to hold them together. The nuts are roasted and crisp, and they are coated in a crunchy caramel toffee. (Sort of like they have a thin coating of peanut brittle). There's also a significant salt taste to it, and it brings together the chocolate and caramelized peanuts in a really special way.

I totally love this bar. It is involves high quality chocolate, nuts, and caramel (my favorite things), and it really delivers on flavor. I will definitely buy this again. (I'm thinking it would make a great addition to s'mores...)

I bought this bar at Whole Foods, $3.39/ 3.5oz bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment