April 10, 2010

Dobla: Cordial & Toasting Cups

So my mom recently sent me a package, and inside she tucked two boxes of these chocolate cups. Each box has 12 little chocolate cups! They are made by Dobla, a company that specializes in chocolate cups and decorations, produced in Belgium, the Netherlands, and the US. The cups are essentially chocolate shot glasses, and look sort of like over-sized thimbles.
Inside the box the cups are protected in plastic, and amazingly they were all intact. (I was expecting some of them to be broken from their journey to the store, to my mom's house, across two states through the mail to my house...)
Each cup is dark chocolate, and the chocolate has a nice snap to it. The chocolate is pretty good by itself, although not really good enough to want to eat all of the cups without a filling. So, I decided to invite my friends over and fill them up! First, I filled 12 of them with cannoli filling. These were quickly devoured. I think if I were having a party it would be fun to have these cups and fill them with all different dessert fillings, maybe mousse, diced strawberries, whipped cream, etc.

Then, we filled the other 12 with Bailey's and sipped and/or ate the entire thing whole. It was much more satisfying to drink the liqueur first, then eat the cup (rather than try to eat the liquid and chocolate at the same time). This was really fun! Next time I'd like to try some chocolate liqueurs, or maybe small amounts of milkshake...

Overall I really enjoyed these cups! They were a lot of fun to play around with with my friends, and pretty tasty, too! Since these were a gift, I'm not sure where they can be found or how much they cost. But, I'll certainly be keeping my eye out for them...or will be putting in a request for more from my mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment