May 9, 2010

Storck: Merci

My mother recently sent me this box of chocolates by Storck. Storck is a German company that produces numerous candy brands, including Mamba, Riesen, Werther's, and Toffifay. I have previously tried and enjoyed candies from their other brands, but this was the first time I've encountered Merci. Merci is a thin box which contains seven different flavors of chocolates. The chocolates come individually wrapped, and they are shaped into thin little bars with a dip in the middle to easily break them in half.

The flavors include: milk chocolate, coffee and cream, hazelnut-almond, hazelnut-creme, dark cream, dark mousse, and praline-creme. The milk chocolate and dark cream are solid bars. The coffee and cream bar is a solid bar, but with two layers (coffee dark chocolate and white chocolate). The hazelnut-almond bar is filled with bits of nuts. The remaining three bars (hazelnut-creme, dark mousse, and praline-creme) contain a smooth, light filling.
Overall, the chocolate is very sweet although not terrible. I really liked the three bars filled with creme and mousse. Had the entire box contained filled bars I would definitely want another box of these chocolates. The other bars weren't anything great.

I really like the packaging, as I am a sucker for samplers! I think since the box includes so many different varieties, it would make for an excellent hostess gift or a snack to put out at a party (where there would be something for everyone).

Since it was a gift, I'm not sure where it came from or how much it cost. However, considering the other brands made by Storck, I'd imagine you could find this Merci box at the grocery store or CVS. One box is 8.8oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment