May 9, 2010

Moritz: Ice Cubes

Moritz is a German company that produces chocolate Ice Cubes. I did an online search to see if I could find out anything else about them, but found nothing so...I'm not sure if this is all they make or not.

Either way, Ice Cubes are individually wrapped chocolate pieces, shaped like ice cubes. Growing up I always used to get Ice Cubes when we went up to NJ to visit family. They were wrapped in blue and white wrappers with a horse shoe on it (my favorite part). Now it seems they have changed the wrappers to gold and red (which seems to be less "icy" than blue and white), but they've kept the horse shoe (phew!).

I picked these Ice Cubes up at a gas station in Georgia and then threw them in my purse---but they weren't exactly square when I bought them either...so I don't think my picture is too far off what they would normally look like. They're always piled together in a plastic tub or bin, so there's always many a smushed Ice Cube at the register to buy.

The chocolate is exactly how I remember it from those trips up north. Smooth, with a consistency that is almost spreadable. The flavor is just like chocolate frosting. This is not quality chocolate, and is quite sweet...but for those of us who love frosting this isn't a bad thing.

I found these at a Quik Trip gas station (if that's any indication of the quality), $0.25 each.
(There is no indication on the wrapper of how many ounces makes up one piece).

No comments:

Post a Comment