May 9, 2010

Tunnock's: Chocolate Caramel Wafer

Tunnock's is a company out of Scotland. My first experience with a Tunnock's product came when I visited London. At the grocery store I found a package of Tunnock's teacakes. They looked like a British version of Mallomars, so I bought them. The ended up being WAY better than Mallomars. Instead of spongy marshmallow, the teacakes had soft, sweet, whipped filling! Yes, please!

Well, it has been years since I've had anything else by Tunnock's. So, I was surprised when one of my friends showed up at my house with a Tunnock's Chocolate Caramel Wafer!
The wrapper states: "More than 4,000,000 of these biscuits made and sold every week." So, I figure it's got to be as good as the teacakes, right?

The caramel wafer is made up of five layers of wafer, four layers of caramel, and a coating of milk chocolate. The chocolate coating is quite sweet. Inside, the wafer is only somewhat crisp (sort of like sugar wafers in texture). Together, the wafer and caramel make the bar mostly chewy. The caramel flavor is light and sweet, not buttery at all.

The bar is not high-quality tasting, but good enough for a quick treat, and pretty good for a candy bar. Overall I like this, and I would buy it again. I don't think it's nearly as good as the teacakes, but I'll take what I can get!

Since this was a gift I'm not sure how much it cost, but my friend told me she bought a pack of the wafer bars at World Market. Each bar is 1.05oz.


1 comment:

  1. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. Coconut mushrooms

    ReplyDelete