March 21, 2010

Choco-Lina: Classic BIO Goat Milk Chocolate

This is my second review of a Choco-Lina product. This time I tried their Choco-Lisa Goat Milk Chocolate bar. According to Choco-Lina, this bar is "biologically cultivated and controlled." (As far as I can tell this means the bar is organic by American standards). It definitely includes organic goat's milk and doesn't contain any GMOs---I can't complain about that!

The bar is similar to the sheep's milk chocolate, with ingredients listed as: raw cange sugar, cocoa butter, whole goat milk, cocoa mass, and bourbon vanilla. All the ingredients here are also noted as organic. Rather than the squares being imprinted with little goats (as I was expecting), this bar is stamped with "Cocoa" and diagonal lines. This chocolate has a similar flavor to the sheep's milk chocolate...it is sweet and has a nice vanilla flavor. It also has a hint of goat taste to it (it reminds me of a mild goat's milk ice cream), but the goat's milk flavor is much more subtle than the off taste of the sheep's milk chocolate. I would rather eat this one plain, that use it in a dessert (as I suggested for the
more interesting tasting sheep).

Overall I liked this bar better than the sheep's milk chocolate. The chocolate it high quality and quite tasty. I would really love to see this company produce more chocolate bars with goat's milk. As of yet this bar is their only bar containing goat's milk, while they have fourteen bars with sheep's milk.

This bar was given to me as a gift, but it can be purchased at The Meadow, $8.50/3.17oz bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment