March 29, 2010

Santander: Semi-Dark Chocolate

I recently received a sample of Santander's chocolate with an order of goodies I purchased online. This is a single origin bar with cacao from Colombia. It is 53% cacao and labeled "semi-dark." Since I only had a sample bar (0.21 oz) to work with my review here will be brief. The chocolate has a nice aroma to it, and a good sheen on the outside. It has a fruity taste, and is at the same time bitter and too sweet. It reminds me of eating semi-sweet chocolate chips from the grocery store (which is not a good thing).

Overall, I was not a fan of this bar. The "semi-dark" aspect of it may be appealing to those who don't like the intensity of dark chocolate, but want something more than milk chocolate. Also, it would probably be an interesting choice for someone who is into sampling origin bars, and likes to compare the differences between chocolate from different regions. However, if I'm looking for a plain chocolate bar...this is not what I would go for.


No comments:

Post a Comment